Five Quick Tips For Fresh Breath
Have you ever found yourself in a situation where you've had to get fresh breath quick? It's not always easy, especially if there is no bathroom around or you don't have a toothbrush on you. Here are five quick tips to help you recover from that:
- Eat an Apple: If you can get your hands on an apple, this is a great way to freshen up your smile. This is because the crunchy and hardness of an apple help to get rid of any food that might be stuck in your teeth that is causing you to have bad breath. Another good food option that has the same affect would be carrots or celery.
- Chew Sugarless Gum: Chewing sugarless gum is another way to freshen up your breath without causing any damage to your teeth. The best thing to do would be to carry a pack of gum with you yo chew on after a meal or whenever you feel you need freshening up.
- Chew on Mint: If your meal at a restaurant came with mint garnish, there is probably a reason and it's usually because the meal you are eating causes bad breath. If this is the case, you are going to want to chew on that mint after you finish your meal. This will leave you with minty fresh breath. You could even order a mint tea and that will help with your breath too.
- Carry Some Flavored Lip Gloss: Flavored lip gloss can even combat some smelly breath really quickly. Be sure to choose one that has a good scent. Mint in particular is probably one of the best options.
- Rinse Your Mouth: The best thing to do would be to go to a bathroom and completely rinse your mouth with water. Of course, this isn't always possible, so instead, just drink a lot of water after your meal and it should easily help promote the freshening of your breath. This is because drinking water promotes saliva production, which in turn helps rinse your mouth of bacteria and food particles that cause bad breath.
If you find that you are continuing to have problems with bad breath, there could be an underlying cause that you aren't aware of. The best thing to do st this point is to visit your dentist. Your dentist might find that you have possible gingivitis that you need to get fixed right away. This should fix consistent problems with bad breath right away. Click here for more info.